True to my word, I took to my crochet t-shirt yarn desk organizers with a packet of dye.
I had two packets of dye, scarlet and denim blue, for now, everything is scarlet coloured! I had four desk organizers in total. Two I fully imersed in a bucket of dye, the other two I sat in a tray of dye and let it seep through.
The finished look has two in a very solid red colour and two in a gradated red.
I decided to pull one apart, just to see if crocheting had a resist effect. It did, but not as much as I thought it may have.
My original thinking was to dye them red and then go on to over dye them blue to create a purple, but I quite like how the red has turned out for the moment! I can always re-dye them when I get sick of them!